Thursday 13 May 2010

Smug

As I have mentioned numerous times on the blog, I have tipped England to win the World T20 from long ago, way before the squads were even announced. And while there was some problem with my Sport Guru account meaning I couldn't officially predict the England win, I don't care. I don't care that I can no longer win the coveted Test Match Sofa pool, as my team have got into the World T20 final. By playing one of the best matches of limited over cricket possible. Without needing to single anyone out, the bowling, fielding and batting was excellent, and the first ball of the game aside, there was no way Sri Lanka were going to win the game.

Most pundits agree that England will face Australia on Sunday, but while I am not tipping Pakistan to upset the Aussies, I am warning people that Pakistan do have the capability to upset the apple cart. As this is Pakistan, absolutely anything could happen. (pause as I try to make a joke that isn't horribly inappropriate, but fail).


As a Sport Guru yellow cap winner, of the only people worldwide to back England to win it from day 1, and having picked 27 out of the 30 man England football World Cup squad, obviously my predictions are worth listening to. And that makes me feel rather smug.

No comments:

Post a Comment