Sunday 3 April 2011

2011 County Players To Watch - T20

Who's going to dominate the T20? These guys...

Chris Woakes - Warwickshire: After one of my longest running (in the 10 months of me having the site) bandwagons, Chris Woakes was selected for England during the Australia ODI series. Woakes is blessed with an ability to control the ball and keep it tight, while also being a real wicket taking option, making him the perfect T20 bowler. He's also pretty flipping good in Four Day and Forty Overs, and he's just hit a century for the Lions. So all in all, Chris Woakes should be England captain.

Tim Murtagh - Middlesex: Was I ever going to go through a county players to watch list without getting Murtagh in somewhere. Was a bit indifferent last year, but is a really great T20 bowler (on top of everything else), so watch out for a resurgent Murts as the Pink Army advance towards the T20 title... (you heard it here first!)

Alfonso Thomas - Somerset: Simply the best death bowler in T20s ever. You can't argue with the figures (although Dirk Nannes might), and Thomas is set to have another great season all round, but T20 is his forte. Expect wickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment